A tasty alternative to traditional cold cereal
8 Cups raw buckwhaeat groats, sprouted (see instructions below)
2 t sea salt
2 t stevia
3 T cinnamon
- Using a strainer, rinse off the raw buckwheat groats and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add enough water to cover the groats and let soak for approximately 8-10 hours.
- After the groats are done soaking, drain them, and rinse well in a strainer. Put the rinsed groats back in the mixing bowl.
- Add the sea salt, stevia and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spread 1/3 of the seasoned mixture on a dehydrator Paraflexx sheet. (The Paraflexx sheet sits on top of the mesh screen that comes with your dehydrator trays.)
- Set your dehydrator temperature to 115 degrees.
- Dehydrate the groats for 10-15 hours (or until dry), stirring occasionally.
- Store in an air-tight container or storage bag. The groats will keep for at least 10-12 months.
Recipe makes enough mixture to fill 3 Excalibur dehydrator trays
You can create variety and make according to personal preferences be omitting and/or adding whatever ingredients you have on hand or like (e.g., you could use raw honey as the sweetener instead of stevia). Be creative!!